Yesterday saw Engine 702 run two box alarms while being staffed by three career personnel and one TPVFD volunteer.
EMT Bearne was on the engine to provide support to the career personnel, particularly as the ambulance was gone for most of the day.
But instead of the expected EMS calls, the engine ran not one but two box alarms.
The first was just over the line into Station 1’s first due – Arliss St (pictured above).
Thankfully the smoke reported was just coming from a faulty dryer.
The second was first due, to Houston Ave.
Again the incident wasn’t too serious – with smoke coming from an oven that had been left unattended while self-cleaning.